It’s been said that a Mother’s heart is a patchwork of love, and at The Glen at Lake Oconee Village, we couldn’t agree more. That’s why in May, when it’s customary to celebrate Mothers, we think it’s a good time to check in with Mom and see if she’s enjoying the carefree, fulfilling lifestyle she deserves, or is she spending time worrying about things that shouldn’t matter anymore?
Things like a leaky roof. Taking care of a lawn. Driving at night to see a play or a movie. Planning meals or eating alone each evening. If your Mom’s daily life is not what she’d like, or what you feel she deserves, then maybe it’s time to consider a change of address. After all, she’s most likely made countless lunches, bandaged scrapes and seemed to always know what to do when you needed advice.
Now you have the opportunity to introduce her to a wonderful alternative: a lifestyle that lets her continue doing the things she loves, without having to worry about the rest, such as she’ll find at The Glen at Lake Oconee Village.
Of course, it’s understandable your Mom might see a move away from home as a loss of freedom. Encourage her to see it another way: moving into a maintenance-free, supportive environment might actually offer her more freedom to live life as she chooses. She can have the grandchildren over and have game night. Take that cruise and know she doesn’t have to worry about leaving a house. Ride on the community van to special events at night. Have a lovely meal and never do the dishes again!
Many adult children are realizing just how much peace of mind there is knowing that Mom is safe, cared for and surrounded by friends and fun—when she chooses the all-inclusive lifestyle a senior living community like The Glen at Lake Oconee Village can offer.
Here are just a few ways this choice could benefit your Mother:
- Friends close by. Instead of being isolated or lonely, Mom would always have someone nearby to join her for a walk, a meal or a lazy afternoon. Regular social interaction is essential for successful aging, and a senior living community can offer countless opportunities.
- Good nutrition. If meal planning has become too difficult, your Mom may be missing out on the vitamins and nutrients she needs for her health. The culinary staff at The Glen takes pride in satisfying residents’ appetites with fresh, expertly prepared food that’s as nutritious as it is delicious…pasta, filet, stir fry, salads and so much more. Even Sunday brunch!
- Mental stimulation. Classes. Parties. Exercise. Happy Hours. Book Clubs. Movies. Moving to a vibrant senior living community can open up a whole new world of entertainment and fun for your mother. She might just surprise you when she discovers her hidden talent for painting!
- Worry-free lifestyle. At The Glen, we take care of everyday chores including maintenance and repairs, and scheduled transportation is provided. It’s a carefree lifestyle centered on extraordinary hospitality that frees your Mother to enjoy life as she chooses. We like to call it “true ease of living.”
- Plan for the future. Making plans for the future can be difficult and your Mother may be worried that she will be a burden to you in the future, yet she’s still active and wants a fulfilling life. Choosing The Glen lets her continue the life she loves surrounded by elegance and style, and still know she’s chosen an address with all levels of care as her needs change. Independent living, assisted living, memory care and rehabilitation services—it’s all here at The Glen.
A good way to introduce your Mother to the benefits of senior community living is to attend an event at the community or schedule a lunch or tour. That way, she can interact with residents, see the grounds, try out the dining venues and get a feel for what daily life is really like. We think once she sees so many people smiling, she’s going to want to know more!
At The Glen at Lake Oconee Village, you Mother or loved one can enjoy true ease of living with extraordinary hospitality—come have lunch with us and see what we mean! Call us at (706) 999-3535.