In the dedicated Memory Care Neighborhood at The Glen, our highly trained, kind, and caring staff dedicates each day to life-affirming activities, enriching the lives of residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias. When it comes to exceptional care for our loved one, you’ll find our Heartfelt Connections–A Memory Care Program® is at the heart and soul of it all.
Heartfelt Connections–A Memory Care Program® at The Glen offers seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias the care, respect, dignity, and quality of life loved ones desperately want for them. This person-centered, activity-focused philosophy and continuum of care is grounded in the belief that the abilities that remain are far more important than what is lost. We apply insights gained from each life story to individualized programming for every resident.
Agitation – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Bathing – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Communication – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Exercise – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Hallucinations – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Rummaging – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Sundowning – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Wandering – Heartfelt CONNECTIONS
Care That’s Personal
Person-centered and activity-focused—you can be sure your loved one will receive highly individualized care.
Services will include:
- Three meals daily accommodating special diets, served family-style or via room service
- On-site physician and home health services
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Medication administration
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Daily activity programming
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Full calendar of caregiver/resident activities
Memory Loss Care Activities
Enjoying Each Day to The Fullest.
Familiar activities matched to each resident’s life story, such as baking cookies, folding laundry, or taking a daily walk help stimulate and soothe seniors in need of Alzheimer’s or dementia care. Residents enjoy an upbeat atmosphere filled with fun and fellowship. It might be a sing-a-long, arts and crafts. Or a visit from a friendly service animal. At the Glen, everyone’s preferences are honored.
Here is our latest Memory Care Activity Calendar: The Manor September Activity Calendar
Memory Care Day Stay Program
An uplifting, soothing environment for your loved one.
- Blood sugar checks
- Meds management
- Vital signs
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Therapeutic activities through the Heartfelt Connections–A Memory Care Program®
- Specialized, trained staff and nurse on site
- Two meals a day and snacks
- Education for caregivers
- Emergency care
- Preventative and Rehabilitative Services
Available 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., 7 Days a Week
Soothing, Secure, and Familiar.
Private suites in the Memory Care neighborhood are designed to ensure that residents with memory loss have a relaxing environment to call home. Each spacious, all-new suite is ready for your loved one’s furnishings, belongings, and personal touches. Right outside your loved one’s door, you also can count on the built-in safety and security features that ensure peace of mind.
Services will include:
- 24-hour security and emergency call systems
- Dedicated secure walking areas
- Specialized activities/craft room
- Scheduled transportation
- All utilities including basic cable television
Let us take care of your loved one for you.
We understand that it’s difficult to leave your loved one suffering from memory loss in someone else’s hands even for a short time when you’re the full-time caregiver. When you must take a break from 3 to 30 days, you’ll have an option you can turn to without worry. The Glen is fully licensed for assisted living and specialized memory care and offers respite care services.
Comprehensive Respite Care:
- Care provided by assisted living and memory care specialists
- Comfortable private suite provides a sense of safety and security
- Purposeful activities keep your loved one active and engaged
- Three delicious meals and two snacks daily
- Transportation to medical appointments provided, if needed
- Minimum stay of 7 nights